[Diabetes-Talk] Question on the elderly visually impaired using CGM

Mark Feliz mafeliz0641 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 19:19:27 UTC 2022

Hello all, I have worked with seniors on smart phone usage. If there
isn't any other health issue going on such as shaky hands they most
always are able to single tap, double tap, swipe, etc. with great
success. If not, the Iphone has a feature called voice assist which is
somewhat different but works in conjunction with voice over. The user
can speak commands such as swipe right, click on, etc. And finally, as
Debbie mentioned, a smart phone in conjunction with the Libre 3 or
perhaps the Dexcom might be the answer. Perhaps there are some people
through senior blind services in your area that can help you explore
all options?
Mark