[Diabetes-Talk] What a pain Medicare is!!

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 01:45:11 UTC 2023

The new Medtroonic pump is approved, but new Medicare is making us wait
longer.

I received my pump last August and was told I would be eligible for the
upgrade free when the FDA approved it.

I contacted the my endocrinologist  and asked for a new prescription for the
new sensors and after waiting for 3 weeks I heard back from the office
basically telling me they put a note into the Medtronic trainer requesting
him to contact me.  Well I had already called him last week and I was told
he put in for the upgrade.  He wanted me to contact him when  I received the
upgrade & new sensors.  That was last week's report.

This week he told me I probelly would not get anything or hear grom them
until the end of August.  The reason for the delay is Medicare needs to come
out an insurance code for this.

I complained that the upgrade was "free" so why did they need an insurance
code &  I was told that is Medicare and I should visit "Love Medicare".

This stinks.  Why can't Medicare and the FDA  work together with insurance
codes and approvals.

Joyce