[Diabetes-Talk] success at last!

gmelconian619 at gmail.com gmelconian619 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 23:24:48 UTC 2023

Patricia, yeap, its like that  with dexcom on my insurance provider.its  strange they will pay for all the expensive insulin brands but they refuse to cover or make it very hard to pcover or if they do they charge a very high out of pocket co pay to cover  the dexcom. I had to  deal with the co pay per month being  150 and up when I had g 4 and g5 and with g 6 and gg7 I had ot go to the alternative abbot libre 1 and libre 2 and hopefully iwont be priced again to look at alternatives for cgm .   Everything else like lyunjev, Ozempic , trisebia, all expensive insulin are all covered and all I pay for all those co pays are less then 150 for all three insulin products where as the  dexcom cost more then those 3 insulin products combined.   Even if I was to ask for the omni pod 5 , its covered, its the dexcom that they refuse to  cover  or make  it difficult to do so  being type 2 .its health net of California and  these are the types of  cat and mouse games I have to  play with them to get a simple cgm system compared to  everything else they cover .  so this does not make any sense  that they will cover the high priced insulin but they will not cover a simple cgm system that cost about $400  when I just checked good rx .