[Diabetes-Talk] Diabetes and Colonoscopies

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 21:59:07 UTC 2023

I am a Type 1, but the prep is still the same. You are not fasting, but just on clear liquids, and taking lots of fun laxatives. I used a combination of sugar-free and non-sugar-free things like Jell-O‘s, apple juice, peach, tea, Popsicles, etc. They do recommend that you stay away from things with red dye in them, so I had peach and orange Jell-O. I mixed the MiraLAX in peach tea and lemonade. Mostly, I used the sugar-free things, since I did not find my blood sugar is running low. Because you are not taking in a lot of carbs, you shouldn’t have too many problems. Apple juice is what I had for my sugared item. Hope this helps.

          Jamie

Jamie Gurganus, Resource Coach

Phone: 515-291-8451

“Be your self. Everyone else is already taken.”  Oscar Wilde