[Diabetes-Talk] Meo Advanced ...

etscrivani at verizon.net etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri May 12 15:11:17 UTC 2023

Hello All,

I'm following up on what I have been told about the new Meo Advanced style
of infusion sets from Medtronics.

First, it can be used with the older Revel Paradigm pump that I am using.
The difference is that the canula will now be injected prior to filling with
insulin. The reservoir Will get filled then connected to tubing. Then the
reservoir will be placed into the pump and the fill tube process will be
done. Once that's complete the Canula will be injected (not connected to
tubing at this point).

Finally, tubing will connect to the canula that is now injected under the
skin and the fill canula process will be completed once a few more buttons
are pressed on the pump.

I'm not loving the new set up since I think that 3 connecting points along
this infusion set is open to additional points of where errors in insulin
delivery can occur. That is only my personal opinion. . I'll still try them
out, but I prefer the one piece old style Meo that I never had issues with.
I'm very upset with the lack of customer service and response time from
Medtronics. They were not willing to send a trainer so I finally got a rep
on the phone who described what needs to be done to use these. I will need
sighted assistance to adjust the rate at which the canula should be filled
which by the way, for my pump is 0.6. This rate varies depending on what
model of pump you have.

HTH.

Eileen