[Diabetes-Talk] FW: [Tech-VI] The Top 5 Diabetes Podcasts You Don’t Want To Miss

Milton mota1252 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 23:24:43 UTC 2023

Diabetes Daily - Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 12:00 PM

The Top 5 Diabetes Podcasts You Don’t Want To Miss

Looking for ways to tweak your management, learn more about medications, hear stories of others living with diabetes, or learn about the latest in technology and research? We asked the community for their recommendations on the best podcasts to help you manage your diabetes and here is what they said!

 Coming in the top spot with an overwhelming response (245 out of 260 votes) was the…

1.	Juicebox Podcast <https://www.juiceboxpodcast.com/#gsc.tab=0> , hosted by Scott Benner, features intimate conversations of living and parenting with type 1 diabetes. The topics are broad and dive deep into all areas of diabetes management. In the Diabetes Pro Tips series <https://www.juiceboxpodcast.com/diabetesprotip> , episodes are co-hosted with Jennifer Smith, a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator. Scott recently began type 2 diabetes-specific content and is currently taking Wegovy for weight loss. Episodes are released almost daily.
2.	TCOYD <https://tcoydthepodcast.transistor.fm/> , hosted by Dr. Steve Edelman and Dr. Jeremy Pettus, both endocrinologists who live with type 1 diabetes. Episodes are released twice per month, and range in topics from understanding the basics (hyper, hypo, blood glucose checking, medications, insulin usage) to more complex information regarding complications, weight loss, specific ways of eating, mental health, technology, and the list goes on.
3.	Diabetes Connections <https://diabetes-connections.com/recent-episodes/>  with Stacey Simms is a T1D news show. Stacey interviews prominent advocates, authors, and speakers, asking hard questions of healthcare companies and tech developers. She also interviews “everyday” people living with type 1 diabetes. Stacey is a mother of a young adult living with type 1. Diabetes Connections has also begun type 2 content! New episodes are released every Tuesday.
4.	The insuleoin podcast <https://www.insuleoin.com/podcast>  is brought to you by Eoin Costelloe. Eoin dives into relevant diabetes topics, ideas, opinions, concerns, and fears. He opens up about his personal experiences living with diabetes, both the good and bad. The primary focus is on health, fitness, and diabetes management from certified diabetes coach, Eoin Costelloe and his producer, Graham O’Toole. New episodes are released every Wednesday!
5.	Diabetes Daily Grind <https://diabetesdailygrind.com/category/podcast/> , hosted by Amber Clour, who lives with type 1 diabetes. The podcast inspires listeners through honest support and practical tips for people living with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Episodes are released twice per month!

A few honorable mentions:  Type one unscripted <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/type-one-unscripted-type-1-diabetes/id1704493743> , Diabetics Doing Things <https://diabeticsdoingthings.com/podcast> , Needles and Spoons <https://needlesandspoons.com/podcast/>

Check them out and let us know what you think!

November is Diabetes Awareness Month, but you know what? If you’re reading this, you’re probably already very aware of diabetes. Let’s make this month about us and how we can live our best lives. So this year, we decided that we’re going to concentrate on tips and advice to help you thrive. And to do so, we’re leaning on our greatest resource: you. The Diabetes Daily forums <https://www.diabetesdaily.com/forum/>  and Facebook page <https://www.facebook.com/diabetesdaily/>  are full of helpful smart people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. There’s someone who’s been through everything, and they’re usually ready to help.

Every Wednesday of this month we will publish community-curated content for you to enjoy. Sign up for the Diabetes Daily newsletter <https://www.diabetesdaily.com/newsletter/>  to have the list delivered to your inbox every Wednesday.

https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/the-top-5-diabetes-podcasts-you-dont-want-to-miss-716555/