[Diabetes-Talk] meter question

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Fri Sep 8 23:42:15 UTC 2023

Gary,
Not sure I’m quite understanding your question, but I will take a stab at it. No pun intended. The technique that I have found to get the blood on the test trip that works for me is as follows. As I tend to not bleed very well at all. I always have to wash my hands and very warm, soapy water for a considerable length of time to draw the blood to my fingers, and then shake my hand down to my side a bit. Then I prick my finger, and Try to remember just where I felt the prick. Then after inserting the strip in the meter and I like this meter because it’s shaped sort of like a flat pen, I put the strip at about a 45° or 30° angle on my finger quite a ways below where I felt the prick. Then I slowly move the strip up my finger to the point where the prick was and if there’s blood there it sucks it right up and beeps. I always had a terrible time getting blood in the strip and smeared, around if I just tried, tapping the tip of the strip at various places on my finger to find the drop. we all know that once the blood is smeared, you’re in big trouble.

Hope this helps.
Patricia