[Diabetes-Talk] Alarming at public events

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 18:38:34 UTC 2024

Hello! I have a pair of earbuds that I bought at Walmart for only $20 that worked just fine for what you are doing Milton. I just have my phone connected to them during church or a meeting and just have one of the earbuds in my ear or pocket. If I feel my phone buzz me, I can just put the earbud in and see what it is telling me.  I am using the Omnipod five system, and there is, unfortunately no way to keep the pod from making it loud alarm sound when my blood sugar is dropping below 55, but I can deal with that. It doesn’t happen very often at all. The way I look at it, that is an alarm that I don’t want silenced!

         Jamie
Jamie Gurganus, Resource Coach

Phone: 515-291-8451

“Be your self. Everyone else is already taken.”  Oscar Wilde