[Diabetes-Talk] Alarming at public events

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 7 19:01:18 UTC 2024

Wonderful. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Patricia Maddix via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2024 1:40 PM
To: mota1252 at gmail.com; Diabetes Talk for the Blind <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Patricia Maddix <pmaddix at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-Talk] Alarming at public events

My high alert is set for 170 as I like to be notified if it reaches that number but if I do not want to be disturbing other folks, I will set my number much higher like 220 and/or set the high alert to vibrate only. I use Dexcom seven. with this sensor, you can also set the high alert to not notify you right away when it reaches that number and only will get an alert if it stays high for whatever period of time you select between 15 minutes and four hours. There is also a snooze feature where it will not notify you repeatedly during the time you are high and it is trying to come down.
As I like to consult my phone frequently as to my blood sugar, I generally turn my voiceover volume down very low, so that I have to put it up to my ear to hear the read out or as others have  said  earphones will work.
Patricia.

Sent from my iPhone