[Diabetes-Talk] Help With Dexcomg7
Eileen Scrivani
etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Aug 12 02:40:39 UTC 2026
I have One thing to add to Patricia's comments on getting the sensor code. I recently discovered that the code on the g7 container is actually printed upside down. So to get an accurate scan if you're using Seeing A.I. or Be My AI, is turn the container upside down when scanning for the code (that is to say put the lid face down). I usually call Ira which can be done with a free 5 minute call.
Good luck.
Eileen .
-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Gary Wunder via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2026 6:29 PM
To: 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind' <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Gary Wunder <gwunder at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-Talk] Help With Dexcomg7
Debbie and I should have talked with you before trying to make the Siri link. Way to go with such good advice, friend.
-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Patricia Maddix via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2026 1:10 PM
To: Diabetes Talk for the Blind <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Patricia Maddix <pmaddix at comcast.net>; Diabetes Talk for the Blind <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-Talk] Help With Dexcomg7
That may be what happened. The four digit sensor code for each sensor is actually on the applicator on the opposite side of the container from where the large push button is, but I don’t believe it’s on the box. This number has to be entered each time a new sensor is put on because each sensor has a different code. The code on the applicator can be scanned with the camera on the phone so as Blind people, we don’t actually have to use a person or device to read that number.Another thing that is necessary to make Siri work is that within the Dexcom app itself under profile there is a place to enable the Siri feature and either use the default command of Get glucose or enter in a verbal command that you might prefer to use.
Patricia
Sent from my iPhone
> On Aug 11, 2026, at 9:46 AM, Eric Clegg via Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> Thanks for the help.
>
> I think what may have happened is that the sighted help I got forgot to pair the number on the sensor box to the app.
>
> This is why it keeps saying your sensor reading is not available.
>
> Best,
>
> Eric Clegg
>
> _______________________________________________
> Diabetes-Talk mailing list
> Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/pmaddix%40comcast.net
_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/gwunder%40earthlink.net
_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/etscrivani%40verizon.net
More information about the Diabetes-Talk
mailing list