[Diabetes-Talk] Best Meters for the totally blind

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Aug 12 13:43:54 UTC 2026


Since I'm using the Dexcom G7 system, it is rare that I need to do a finger stick for a double check. Because of that I don't want a huge supply of test strips. So when and if I need a new meter I'll order through Amazon and get a new meter and only 1 or 2 containers of strips. I've got the Prodigy through them and even the Clever check which maybe doesn't have as many accessible features, but really all I need from time to time is a quick read off of my blood sugar level.

HTH.

Eileen
  

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Ineyda Velasquez via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2026 12:30 AM
To: Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: ivelasquez774 at gmail.com
Subject: [Diabetes-Talk] Best Meters for the totally blind

Hello,
Last time I shopped around for accessible meters was almost 20 years ago, so I imagine that I am not as knowledgeable about the number of options available these days. I have a Dexcom G7, but I would like a Meter to have as backup. What is everyone using , particularly those who can’t read print? Are there more options for us out there for us other than Prodigy? I use an iPhone, so am open to receiving readings by phone as well if that is something people are able to do. I am completely blind, so obviously the more accessible the better, however I am just as interested to hear even the slightly accessible options  out there if things can be worked around.

Thank you for any answers.



_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/etscrivani%40verizon.net



More information about the Diabetes-Talk mailing list