[Diabetes-Talk] Introduction and a question on glucose monitoring devices

camille.tate320 at gmail.com camille.tate320 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 23:25:14 UTC 2026


Hi: 

I use the Dexcom G7 15 day. I find it extremely accessible with an iPhone 16. While I can't see graphs, it gives the information that may be contained in a graph in plain text, with readable statistics. The ease of changing the sensor is a big bonus over the G6. My only issue is capturing the QR Code to scan the sensor code. I just use Be My AI for that. I was also surprised at how quickly my insurance approved the pre-authorization; I suspect because it was done through my medical doctor and not endocrinologist and because of not only the diabetes, but blindness. 

 Together,

Camille Tate, Treasurer 
Mmelbourne Space Coast Chapter 
National Federation of the Blind of Florida 
E: camille.tate320 at gmail.com
C: 321372 4899

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Eileen Scrivani via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2026 6:54 PM
To: 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind' <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Eileen Scrivani <etscrivani at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-Talk] Introduction and a question on glucose monitoring devices

Hi,

I use the Dexcom G7 10 day CGm with an iphone 15 Pro. It is very usable with Voice Over. I think a braille display would track the info on the screens of the app easily for you.

Good luck.

Eileen
problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Chris Westbrook via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2026 4:25 PM
To: diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Chris Westbrook <westbchris at gmail.com>
Subject: [Diabetes-Talk] Introduction and a question on glucose monitoring devices

Hi. I am deaf blind and recently was diagnosed with diabetes. I am thinking of getting a cgm and was wondering if any devices were easier to use or more accessible with voiceover on the iphone? Thanks.
_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/etscrivani%40verizon.net


_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/camille.tate320%40gmail.com



More information about the Diabetes-Talk mailing list