[Diabetes-Talk] Introduction and a question on glucose monitoring devices
everett everettgavel.com
everett at everettgavel.com
Wed Sep 2 22:06:26 UTC 2026
Hi Debbie, and all,
I don't think the Medtronic 780G insulin pump is at all accessible. However, there are a couple of people on this list I've been meaning to ask if they use it and change it themselves, as they have I think, on their pumps in the past. I haven't bothered yet to learn if it's possible to do myself. So it seems inaccessible to me, right now. My wife is kind enough to change it out for me when it's needed.
The sensor is an Instinct sensor, by Medtronic. It lasts about 2 weeks. They send me 2 per month. It is a lot better than the previous sensors they were sending me. Those ones, the Guardian 4's if I'm remembering correctly, were a pain in the butt, seriously. They had probably half of them going bad or not even connecting, every shipment. They kept saying it was due to scar tissue from decades of taking shots. But these Instinct sensors have been working just fine.
Sorry I don't have more details on the Medtronic 780G Pump.
Everett
-----Original Message-----
From: debbiewunder at socket.net <debbiewunder at socket.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2026 4:37 PM
Subject: RE: [Diabetes-Talk] Introduction and a question on glucose monitoring devices
I would like to hear more about this sensor, I am not familiar with it. Is your insulin pump fully accessible?
Warm Regards,
Debbie Wunder
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2026 2:27 PM
I have been using the Instinct sensor with Medtronic's Mini-Med app. It reads me my blood sugar levels easily enough, but I haven't dove into it yet to see if anything else is or isn't accessible with my Voiceover on my iPhone. It tells me BS levels, lol, and it tells me any active insulin I have going. It tells me that simply by bringing the already opened app into focus.
More information about the Diabetes-Talk
mailing list