[Diabetes-Talk] insulin pump and CGM update
Rick Mladek
hmladek at neo.rr.com
Fri Sep 11 16:18:25 UTC 2026
Hi all,
Well, I am now using the Medtronic Flex pump and Instinct CGM. Using my
I-Phone and Voice Over with the pump application is completely accessible as
I am now finding. I easily replaced the reservoir, filling it to 300-Units
and going through all the steps to get the pump and new reservoir all set
and flowing. I am able to monitor my glucose level on my phone, which tells
me the current glucose level, how many minutes since last reading, how many
units of active insulin and what amount of basil is currently flowing.
Adding a bolus under the automatic mode is through your current BG level
where the pump then has settings of how much to deliver to get you to range
also set or by adding grams of carbs where your or my ratio is then figured
and the amount of correction delivered. I can read/hear how much of the
bolus has been delivered as percentage or I can hit the stop delivery of
bolus and either cancel bolus or restart to finish delivery set. The basil
can be figured in one or two time ranges. So many units between specific
hours and perhaps a different amount during a different time range. This
good for those needing more or less during day or night while sleeping.
The alarms are numerous. For normal high or low glucose level, battery life,
amount of insulin remaining in reservoir, time left of glucose Instinct
sensor before needing replaced and many others.
The application is very minimal and simply when I learn what information or
setting is where and to make adjustments or changes as needed, this is all
100% accessible using my iPhone and Voice Over. The nurse that trained me
laughed because Medtronic, as all insulin pump manufacturers say, the system
is not for blind diabetics although it is accessible with phone and Voice
Over. The pump uses same infusions and reservoirs as past 770G and 780G
insulin pumps. The size of the Instinct sensor is maybe the size of a US
dime or about ½ the size of the Dexcom previously used. Again, if anyone
needs Dexcom sensors, I have many. Email me direct if needing.
Thanks bunches,
Rick
More information about the Diabetes-Talk
mailing list