[Diabetes-Talk] Update on my omnipod 5
jamielgurganus at gmail.com
jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 13:06:33 UTC 2026
Hi Sabrina! I hope others using the Omnipod will offer some suggestions. I used the Omnipod for two years until switching to the Tandem Mobi in March, 2025. What method are you using to fill the pod? I was able to get the pod filled successfully after several attempts. I am right-handed, so I set the pod on a napkin with the fill hole in the upper right corner. I put the fingernail of my left hand near the hole on the left side and guided the needle into the hole with my right hand. The fill syringe fits nicely into the hole, so you can then depress the plunger to fill it.
I suggest using a spent pod and practice getting the needle in the right place. Good luck!
Jamie
-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Sabrina Markel via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 10:22 PM
To: diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Sabrina Markel <sabrina.markel at outlook.com>
Subject: [Diabetes-Talk] Update on my omnipod 5
Hi again everyone.
I’m currently on my 12th pod.
Although I got the drawing of the insulin and the placing of the pod down pat,I’m struggling with the filling of the pod.
It’s putting the needle into the fill port!
My sighted helper is agrivated and said I should have stayed on the injections.
Then they just belittle me,making me feel horrible.
I’ve had some stubborn highs but no lows thus far.
I’ll keep trying but I’m not very hopeful.
Sent from my iPhone
_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/jamielgurganus%40gmail.com
More information about the Diabetes-Talk
mailing list