[Diabetes-Talk] Update on my omnipod 5

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 18 14:04:21 UTC 2026


I don't know a lot about insulin pumps or what your insurance will pay for, but I do know that there are pumps that people use independently. The idea that you should have to go back to injections is tremendously insensitive. I hope that you can find one that works very well. There are many on this list who can give you advice about which to choose.it might be too much to say that any of them are easy, but most people I know say that they are able to do it completely independently. My wife and others could give you information, and I'm sure that when they see this on the list, they will do so.

Warmly,

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Sabrina Markel via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 10:22 PM
To: diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Sabrina Markel <sabrina.markel at outlook.com>
Subject: [Diabetes-Talk] Update on my omnipod 5

Hi again everyone.
I’m currently on my 12th pod.
Although I got the drawing of the insulin and the placing of the pod down pat,I’m struggling with the filling of the pod.
It’s putting the needle into the fill port!
My sighted helper is agrivated and said I should have stayed on the injections.
Then they just belittle me,making me feel horrible.
I’ve had some stubborn highs but no lows thus far.
I’ll keep trying but I’m not very hopeful.
Sent from my iPhone
_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/gwunder%40earthlink.net



More information about the Diabetes-Talk mailing list