[Diabetes-Talk] Update on my omnipod 5
Eileen Scrivani
etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Sep 18 14:56:43 UTC 2026
Hi Sabrina,
I don't know if you are able to return your pump if its not working out for you. There are blind diabetics using the Omnipod with success so I don't know if it’s a matter of just keep practicing the technique that's giving you trouble. It would be a shame if you have to go back to injections. I'm using the Tandem Mobi insulin pump and have had great success with it over the 2 plus years I've been on it.
Should you need to change pumps I strongly suggest that you request and in-person demonstration of it with the app and make sure you have a good sense of how it operates and you're able to fill the cartridge with insulin. The Mobi's cartridges while a different flat, squarish shape is very workable since the cartridge has a little needle cap/guide that allows you to easily stick it on the insulin vial and fill the cartridge. No intermediate step required to draw up into a syringe and then fill your pod.
Talk with others on list using the Omnitpod and see if they might be able to give you some good suggestions. Don't let anyone guilt you into going off the pump unless you are absolutely sure its not the thing for you.
Good luck.
Eileen
-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Sabrina Markel via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2026 11:22 PM
To: diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Sabrina Markel <sabrina.markel at outlook.com>
Subject: [Diabetes-Talk] Update on my omnipod 5
Hi again everyone.
I’m currently on my 12th pod.
Although I got the drawing of the insulin and the placing of the pod down pat,I’m struggling with the filling of the pod.
It’s putting the needle into the fill port!
My sighted helper is agrivated and said I should have stayed on the injections.
Then they just belittle me,making me feel horrible.
I’ve had some stubborn highs but no lows thus far.
I’ll keep trying but I’m not very hopeful.
Sent from my iPhone
_______________________________________________
Diabetes-Talk mailing list
Diabetes-Talk at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Diabetes-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/etscrivani%40verizon.net
More information about the Diabetes-Talk
mailing list