[DSM-Iowa] I Must Apologize.

Michael Harvey mharvey at nfbi.org
Wed Oct 21 19:04:51 UTC 2020

Mary, I am truly sorry you feel judged. I can tell you that at times people can point out something being done nonvisually without meaning to be judgemental. Also, I know one person mentioned using a flashlight. Your input is valued, and I know that many of us have stated during meetings and through emails and facebook that we want you around. Furthermore, many people with strong philosophy have some vision and use it functionally. I'm sad to read that you are having thoughts of not attending functions anymore. I hope that you will reconsider. I strongly believe that challenging each other, pointing out other possibilities and things of that nature help us all grow. Said ask that you take some time to reconsider and not make a snap judgement. Here's hoping that you will continue to join us. Enjoy the rest of your week and your last little bit of time off before you go back to work.

Best,

Mike Harvey, President
Des Moines Chapter
615-554-0695
Email: mharvey at nfbi.org
Website: www.nfbi.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823082570/posts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa
Des Moines Chapter Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblindofiowadsm
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.