[DSM-Iowa] I'm A Survivor.

Tai Tomasi tai.tomasi8 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 22:28:33 UTC 2021

Mary,

Thank you for sharing part of your story.  You are not alone. None of what happened to you was your fault. I too am a survivor of multiple sexual assaults  by multiple transgressors in the NFB And elsewhere in the blind community.   I’m sorry you have had these experiences. Please let me know how I can offer support. There are  some peer support resources on Facebook and via email if you are interested in knowing more about them. On Facebook, you can search for the blind survivor support collective. You can also email them at blindsscollective at gmail.com  . there is a private Facebook group For survivors called Marching Together.  Like you, I plan to get involved with efforts of the task force and hope it’s work will lead to systemic change. I am here to support survivors on their healing journeys. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I am sending love and solidarity.

Tai Tomasi, J.D., M.P.A.
Email: tai.tomasi8 at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse my brevity and any grammatical errors.