[Dtb-talk] Question from a new subscriber: Anyone working with thePlextalk PTP1?

David B Andrews David.B.Andrews at state.mn.us
Fri Dec 12 14:36:42 UTC 2008

I have one.  I haven't used it that much yet, so don't want to say to
much.  Its performance, that is how quickly it responds to key strokes,
moves to pages, etc., seems to be somewhat slower then with the VR
Stream, tested on DAISY 2.02 books.  Its time scale modification, that
is speeding up reading without changing the pitch, isn't that good.  As
you increase the speed, the distortion increases.

It looks like the machine will be of real interest to peoele who want
to record in the DAISY format, and it is small and compact, but as a
reader I am not sure how well it will compete with the Stream.

More as I gain experience.

Dave

David Andrews
Chief Technology Officer
Minnesota State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave. W., #240
St. Paul, MN  55114-1840
(651) 642-0513  Office
(612) 730-7931  Cell
(651) 649-5927  Fax

>>> "Robert Jaquiss" <rjaquiss at earthlink.net> 12/11/2008 11:10 PM >>>

Hello:

     Anyone have the Plextalk PTP1? I would be interested in your
thoughts.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss