[Dtb-talk] issues with using victor stream

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 15:06:40 UTC 2008

Hello Dan,

Your description is spot on.  Many people are not skilled at this stuff.
They have to learn something akin to a foreign language.

I do not agree with those who say that it is somehow the connsumer's fault
for not being fluent in the technology.  The learning curve is pretty steep.
I feel that Humanware has a really good product.  The interface is
complicated.  They are making improvements.  It seems like a good idea to
provide feedback from all users, proficient and novice, to help them
continue to improve the product.

One function of the Federation is to support each other.  I try to help
people use their equipment so they can enjoy the awesome improvements in
literacy it affords.  I started college around the time the cassette was
introduced on the commercial market.  The improvement in access to
literature has skyrocketed with contributions from Dean  Blazie, Ray
Kurzweil, the NFB and many others.  I want every blind person to benefit
from this revolution in access.  Making the Stream easier to use will move
us toward this goal.

Warm Regards,

Fred