[Dtb-talk] DTB Here and There

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 12:20:48 UTC 2009

Wow Greg, what is your audio sampling rate to do it that quickly?
If you played a C-90 back at 3.75 inches/second with 44.1 kHz, your
effective sample rate is 11.025 kHz, which is reasonable given the
source material, but even if you were reading all four tracks at once
(doable with not too terribly uncommon gear), it's gonna be 23
minutes or so.

At 96 kHz you could go to 7.5 inches/second with the same quality,
but again you're looking at a little over 11 minutes of digitizing
time.

I'd love even the four track 2x setup.  Presently I'm doing it two
tracks and 90 minutes per tape.

Joseph

--
How many children in America are not taught how to read?
If they are blind, the answer is 90%--more than 52,000 children!