[Dtb-talk] Bookshare to DTBook scripts and programs

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 00:38:24 UTC 2009

For those interested in testing my bso2dtbook program here is a link
to download some of the version. I am working on a self contained .exe
for Windows as well.

The perl script is just the generic version should work on any
computer with Perl installed the arguments are the path to the
Bookshare XML file and the path to where the DTBook XML file should be
placed. I will try and make the whole command line interface better
with help and what not latter.

The two Mac version are a bit more refined and have an accessible GUI.
The first is small and just build the DTBook XML file for use in the
Daisy Pipeline. The second has the Pipeline included and will ask if
you want to generate the Daisy book. If you do the finished full text/
full audio book will be made using the systems default voice.

Please note that books produced in this manner are under the same
copyright restrictions as the original Bookshare titles and all water
marking is left in place. You should also install the Daisy Pipeline
and related tools.

All of the files can be found here: http://www.cucat.org/projects/bso2dtbook/index.php

Gregory Kearney
Manager - Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of Western Australia
61 Kitchener Avenue, PO Box 101
Victoria Park 6979, WA Australia

Telephone: +61 (08) 9311 8202
Telephone: +1 (307) 224-4022 (North America)
Fax: +61 (08) 9361 8696
Toll free: 1800 658 388 (Australia only)
Email: gkearney at gmail.com