[Dtb-talk] DTB Here and There

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:40:57 UTC 2010

Late thanks for your late answer, Tim.  =)

I agree that 16.3 ips is pleasingly fast for a playback speed.  I
wonder where I can get my hands on a sound card with 192 kHz sample
rate or how to rig up a cassette player to spew tape at that speed
(with "spew" being the precise thing you'd want to avoid, actually..)

Hm, I suspect I could come up with something that could deliver 8.15,
which would give me 22.05 kHz for LOC cassettes, which would be just
about as much audio fidelity as could be gotten out of them.

Anyway, thanks for the response, I have some ideas now for building a
suitably ridiculous transfer machine.  ;)

Joseph