[Dtb-talk] DTB Here and There

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:46:35 UTC 2010

Tim,

What wasn't cost effective was rigging up a cassette player's reading
heads to read the right channel of side B while playing side A to
play back tracks 3 and 4.  If it had been just a matter of speed
control and switching left or right channel, it would've been
trivial equipment modification.  As it was, you had $20 walkmans
being sold for upwards of $150 because of the complexities of the
modification.

Once you have the special equipment needed, I agree that the cost in
its day was dirt cheap.

Joseph