[Dtb-talk] SD Card Label on Stream

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sat Feb 20 07:09:09 UTC 2010

So, the card labeling feature is not new to 3.1, I think it first came
out in 3.0

However, the 3.1 release appears to have broken this feature.

The short version appears to be that when running the 3.1 firmware, if
you insert a card, or turn on your stream, your card will be scanned.
If the scan takes "too long", the stream will say "please wait" and
also do something to get in the way of reading the $VRLabel.txt file.

So, if you have a lot of stuff on your card, likely you'll hear
"please wait", and so won't hear the label file being read.

Jim