[Dtb-talk] new to the list and DTB's

Flint Million fmillion at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 09:01:47 UTC 2010

Another good point is that the Braille files from Web Braille can be
opened and read using Kurzweil 1000 on a PC (and K1000 can even search
and download the files for you from WB). Kurzweil can then
backtranslate the files to text files, or even produce audio files in
DAISY format for playback on the NLS player.

You can even backtranslate the files using free tools such as
NFBTrans. Also, nearly any blind notetaker - even non-Braille ones -
is able to open and read with synthesis the BRF files or even
translate them.

It is very important to be aware however that any backtranslated files
from WB constitute copyrighted material and may not be distributed in
any way. Doing so is illegal, may get you banned from the site, and
threatens the privileges we have as blind people.

FM