[Dtb-talk] Victor Reader Stream editions

Mike Gilmore m_b_gilmore at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 22:57:17 UTC 2010

I was looking at Humanware's web site and noticed the various Victor readers. I saw the library edition that plays NLS cartridges as well as Victor standard. The difference is $50 with the Victor standard being the cheaper of the two.

Just wondering what the difference is and if the library edition is worth the extra fifty bucks. It plays cartridges, does this mean that you don't have to get a key to download books from NLS? Or is it better to buy the latest standard and get the key? (I like the idea of $349 and the CD one being over $400 instead of two Victors minus the CD being fifty bucks apart.)

Mike