[Dtb-talk] Is it safe to delete books with the Victor Stream?

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Fri May 14 22:03:19 UTC 2010

Hi Tom,

I would say that the format error was definitely a fluke.

I delete many books (well, books, podcasts, etc.) every day from my
card and have had no problems.

Now, there are times when the stream won't delete your entire Daisy
book.  This won't hurt your card, but will sometimes leave directories
around that have 1 or 2 files in them.  Occasionally, I'd poke around
your card with your computer, and delete the extra crap.

Finally, SD cards are not really *that* stable.  I would expect a card
to last between 9 and 18 months.  Some longer, some shorter.  So, in
general, I'd make sure I had a backup of your card.

Hope this helps,

Jim