[Dtb-talk] Tech Demo for a Parent of a Blind Child

Lynn Evans evans-lynn at comcast.net
Sat Nov 20 17:20:16 UTC 2010

Just something to keep in mind:

If you want to demonstrate the navigation capabilities of DAISY books;
fiction books are marked up by chapter and have one level of navigation.
Wile non fiction will be marked up by chapter, and subsections.

The King James Bible is marked up to three levels; Testament, book, chapter
but not verse.

Magazines can be marked up to 3 or eleven 4 levels of navigation.
 National Geographic for kids
Smart Computing

If you are using the BARD service look under magazines by title for more
periodicals for children

To look for books use the book subject pull down menu and look categories
related to children's books. Younger readers

The BARD site is down for this weekend so I am not able to give you specific
examples for children's books.