[Dtb-talk] 4track tape tool

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 02:30:44 UTC 2010

Some of you may find this interesting or useful. I wrote this program to split four track half speed tape track out by using standard stereo cassette tape digitisers.

Digitise the tape in any standard stereo tape digitiser and you will get a set of audio files one for each side of the tape. Save these in their own directory and then run this program with a command line of:

perl -f [path to this program] [path to audio files]

The program will correct the speed of the recording break out the tracks and create a tracks directory with the four tracks for each tape at normal speed with the tracks reversed that need that done.

This program requires that you have the Sox audio processor installed in the computer running it. As well under window you will need the Perl programming language installed. I suggest Strawberry Perl for this.

If anyone would like this program please contact me and I will email you the Macintosh, Windows and Linux versions.

Gregory Kearney | Manager Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of WA - Guide Dogs WA
PO Box 101, Victoria Park WA 6979 | 61 Kitchener Ave, Victoria Park WA 6100
Tel: 08 9311 8246 | Fax: 08 9361 8696 | www.guidedogswa.com.au
Tel: 307-224-4022 (North America)
Email: greg.kearney at guidedogswa.com.au
Email: gkearney at gmail.com