[Dtb-talk] Mis-Categorized books on BARD

Rose Combs rosecombs at q.com
Mon Apr 11 01:39:30 UTC 2011

No you don't want much, everyone talks  OCR but my experiences lately have
left a whole lot to be desired, luckily most of my efforts have been to read
envelops to sort mail to take to my husband who was in the hospital for
weeks, or to see the name of a package, instructions don't seem to scan
well, so with the name I fly over to www.directionsforme.org and find what I
need about 80% of the time anyway.

Have been alone lot since first of the year, ID-mate does not have some
products, won't read anything generic, so tried to scan with Open Book and
Pearl but those scans are not great, K1000 no longer works for some reason
and I have been too busy to find out why plus my very old HP scanner is no
longer working.  I have been managing with a lot of trial and error but I
sure don't want to do whole books any longer as I did several years ago with
K1000 and the HP scanner.

Rose Combs
rosecombs at Q.com