[Dtb-talk] weird Stream

Mike Gilmore m_b_gilmore at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 14:02:08 UTC 2011

I've discovered something kind of odd with my Stream. When I use the 2 GB SD card that came with it, it accurately tells me how much space and recording time that I have.

However, I have an 8 GB SD card that was given to me. I popped it into the Stream and formatted it and the Stream told me I have 7.3 GB left. So, so far I've downloaded 51 books. The stream is telling me I have 7.0 GB and the recording time is the same as before I downloaded the books. Anyone know why? I find it hard to believe that fifty-one books are only 300 MB and I know they've probably about 300 recording hours total.
Also the other funny thing is that the card reader on my laptop will read the Steams SD card but not the 8 GB one that I have and that's even after it's been formateed.
Any thoughts?