[Dtb-talk] Batch Unpacking NLS Books

Gregory D. Rosenberg gregg at ricis.com
Fri Sep 16 22:16:38 UTC 2011

Eric,

This is a great feature. We should suggest this to the Amazon's, and
other book purveyors of the world. Maybe we could get all of the folks
that make the archiving / uncompression software to use meta data so
that when they expand a book, music, or other compressed media file it
would assume a proper name and directory structure.

Today It is certainly possible to embed scripts to cause the target
folders or files from a book to expand and be renamed with a proper book
name, I have not seen very many publishers use this approach. One
potential issue with this approach is that many anti-viurs /.
anti-malware programs might block such a script unless the zipfile were
password protected, in which case the AV/AM programs would simple assume
it is safe and pass it through.

On 9/16/2011 5:02 PM, Eric SS wrote:
> I have been using WinRAR to unzip multiple books. It unpacks them into their
> own folder with the name of the download. However, it seems to do some other
> things that I don't like
>
> Are there suggestions what product to use to unzip books or method. I do
> like keeping each book in its own folder so I have the option of deleting
> books off the card, rather than using the player for cleanup. I also want to
> unzip a batch of books at once.
>
> I use Windows XP and JAWS 10 and either a BookSense or Victor Stream for
> playback.
>
> Thanks for ideas.
>
> Eric

73 and 75
Gregg
AB9MZ

Gregory D. Rosenberg		RICIS, Inc.
Chief Technology Officer	8018 Mallow Drive
gregg at ricis.com			Tinley Park, IL 60477-2697
www.ricis.com			United States

+1 708-444-2690 Voice		+1 866-742-4777 Voice (US and Canada)
+1 708-444-2697 Fax		+1 708-267-6664 Cell (Best)

"When you love the work you do, you will never work a day in your life."

Support anti-Spam legislation. Join the fight at www.cauce.org

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from your computer.