[Dtb-talk] loading books onto the NLS player

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Fri Jun 1 22:25:46 UTC 2012

I have a digital talking book downloaded from Xavier Society.  It's an MP3,
not DAISY.  It plays on my computer, but I can't get my NLS machine to
recognize it.  Is that inherent in the machine design, or am I doing
something wrong?  I've tried putting the folder with the book into the DTB
folder and into the Other Books folder. (I use Stream Companion file
structures on the drive I insert into my NLS machine.)  The book shows up on
the drive file lists, but the NLS machine doesn't recognize it.  Any
suggestions?