[Dtb-talk] Bookport VS PlexTalk Pocket?

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:47:18 UTC 2012

Dave's right. The hardware is the same. The firmware is somewhat
different.  I believe that the recording part of the firmware was
unchanged by APH, but the UI for reading and managing books was
modified a fair bit from the Pocket's.  At least from the original UI
that the Pocket used, which is my experience.  I found the Bookport
Plus UI to be much more intuitive and made much better use of the
keypad, mimicking the old BookPort's ease-of-use, especially on the
fly.

I have to charge my BPP every day, however, which isn't a plus in my
mind. The Pocket is the same as far as that goes.
Dan

--
Sponsor me in this year's National Federation of the Blind Race for
Independence!

http://www.raceforindependence.org/goto/dan.burke

Dan Burke, President
Montana Association for the Blind,
An Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind

My Cell:  406.546.8546