[Dtb-talk] ID cards for the print disabled.

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Mon Feb 25 14:11:27 UTC 2013

Kendra, this has been discussed over the years, and, as I said in a previous post, the danger is that it would become a requirement. Now I am not one who jumps on the repressive government band wagon, but I do want some privacy in what I do. We already are required to produce picture identification to do everything from ride on a plane to stay in a hotel. This is something we cannot change. I would, however, resist the obligation to prove my blindness to all and sundry upon their request. Greg's identification would help those who have non-visible disabilities. I would not, however, want my ability to receive services based upon whether I remembered to put my disability card into my wallet.