[Dtb-talk] DAISY Consortium Seeking CEO

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Mon Jun 30 21:18:44 UTC 2014

This email is being sent on behalf of Stephen King, President of the DAISY Consortium

Dear DAISY Members, Friends and Supporters,

In the June issue of the DAISY Planet newsletter (http://www.daisy.org/planet-2014-06) which will be published on Monday the 30th, you will read an announcement that we are recruiting a Chief Executive (CEO) for the DAISY Consortium. Our Board of Directors made this decision at its meeting in Reykjavik, Iceland on June 4, and I am chairing a search committee. We want to bring our search to your attention
and also ask your help to bring our search to the attention of outstanding leaders who can drive delivery of the benefits of our amazing success in influencing E-Publishing standards so people with print disabilities around the world see positive change as soon as possible.

An "advert" is below and a short message that can be used on social media is given at the end of this email. I would appreciate it if you could forward the advert (and include the brief social media message) to appropriate networks in your country and to outstanding leaders you know. The essential requirements for this role are very exacting, so you may want to check these out before inviting others to apply, as the last thing we need is to have hundreds of applications from good friends that we then have to turn down, wasting everyone's time. But for great leaders who meet our requirements, the process is open and transparent, and a fantastic opportunity for someone.

We are setting up a "recruitment page" on the DAISY website at http://www.daisy.org/recruitment specifically for our search. It will be available on Monday next week for those interested in applying for the position. There will be links on the page for all of the relevant documents: the advert (as attached here), the position specification, and a letter to the candidates which explains the application process.

I also want to assure you that our Secretary General, George Kerscher, is still going to be a vital part of our leadership and is fully supportive of this recruitment. It allows him to focus on the ever increasing demands of our outstanding technical standards work with the publishing industry, education and technical communities, whilst giving new impetus to bringing the benefits of this to consumers worldwide as soon as possible, and supporting our members and partners through the coming changes. We are strengthening our leadership team, not changing it.

The ambitious recruitment timetable begins June 30 with the announcement in our newsletter, followed by an application deadline of September 12, initial interviews in October, and shortlist candidates interviews that will take place in Doha, Qatar during the  1st week of November alongside the DAISY Board meeting. With luck we may have someone in the position by early April 2015, though it may take
longer.

Brief Social Media Message:
"Help us find a fantastic leader. The DAISY Consortium is looking for a CEO. Info at: www.daisy.org/recruitment<http://www.daisy.org/recruitment>"

If you have questions or suggestions about the process, do ask me via President at DAISY.org<mailto:President at DAISY.org>.

Thank you for your help, and please wish us luck.

Stephen King
President, DAISY Consortium
www.DAISY.org<http://www.DAISY.org>

The International DAISY Consortium is looking for a CEO

We have made great progress in our global mission to ensure people have equal access to information and knowledge, regardless of disabilities. But there are even greater challenges ahead, ensuring people throughout the world benefit from our work as soon as possible, so we need to further strengthen our leadership team.  The Consortium's Board of Directors is now seeking a CEO to further develop our partnerships, membership and organisation, and to help secure the resources needed to realise benefits for people with print disabilities worldwide.  Our Secretary General, George Kerscher, will be focusing on our vital technical standards work with the publishing industry, education and technical communities that is transforming access to information for people with print disabilities, where he is in great demand.
We are seeking someone with great leadership, partnership development, and managerial skills, an understanding of the issues and relevant technologies, and the stamina and confidence to travel the world to help our members, staff and partners develop their capacity and manage the significant changes ahead; someone who can work as part of a wider networked team, oversee a large project portfolio, and support our board in developing and delivering our strategy and partnerships. You will lead an established core staff and consultant team, and be the ambassador for our work with governments, international publishing and ICT industries, funders, and crucially with organisations of people with disabilities.
We are a membership-based, not for profit consortium, an organisation with members around the world. We have huge ambition to ensure that people with print disabilities can read what they want, when and how they want. You will be supported by a strong international board and a great team of expert staff, consultants and collaborators spanning the globe.
If you are interested in helping to 'change the world' for a fair, not for profit salary, then take a look at our website and download the application pack.
I look forward to hearing from you.