[Dtb-talk] Where is the NFB 2016 convention to be held?

Fred wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Thu Jul 16 15:26:15 UTC 2015

Hi Gregg,

I certainly understand the air fare issue.  It is difficult for a lot of
people to afford travel these days.  However, if you simply double our room
rates from this year, which is not out of line for many hotels you will
probably be ahead even given the air fare difference.  I have attended many
conferences with rates over $150 per night.

Dr. Jernigan posed the question to our convention, asking whether rates or
location were the most important issue.  The vastly overwhelming response
was rates.  Our nightly rates are unimaginably low compared to other similar
events, especially given the class of venue we use.

Planning conventions for 3,000 people is not a simple task.  I have been
attending conventions since 1980 and every single convention has been
practically flawlessly executed.  This year, we served 2,000 people at our
banquet.  My food was hot and the service, including water and coffee was
excellent.

For my part, I wish to commend our organization for our conventions.  I
think we have as good an event as anyone, anywhere.

Gregg, I am not criticizing your question.  It is a fair one.  I simply wish
to offer my perspective on the costs of doing such an event.

Warmest Regards,

Fred