[DTB-Talk] books in alternate formats?

Mike Gilmore m_b_gilmore at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 15:03:52 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I've just been admitted to seminary and I'm starting to track down the textbooks I will need for my courses.  I've found a couple on Bookshare; but, I'm concerned with not finding some on Bookshare.  So this brings up the question of alternate formats that can be read in OpenBook or on the Stream.

Regarding ebooks, can these be read in OpenBook (I've heard of DRM and Epub. I'm not sure if I'm confusing these with what can be read on the Stream.)

As far as Audible goes, I used to be able to download MP3's of the books onto my Stream but am unable to find that option now.  Can Audible books still be downloaded in MP3 format?  If so, how?

Finally, does anyone know of other places to get audiobooks other than BARD, what used to be RFB&D, Bookshare, and Audible?  Some of these books will be huge and it'll take awhile to scan some of the chapters (and who knows how accurate they'll come out the thicker the book--especially Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology.)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mike