[DTB-Talk] Censorship, NLS Alert

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 16:27:49 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

	I thought that the alert you sometimes encounter in Talkingbook Topics and Braille Book Review was supposed to alert readers that a book contained "Strong language, explicit descriptions of sex, and violence."This alone should be enough to alert readers to such books to allow them to choose wisely if they find such material to be offensive to them. Amazon and other commercial book sellers have similar practices. Amazon extends their "Explicit" alert to songs and other digital media.

	If it can be proven that censorship is really going on this is unexcusable. All material book producers for the blind offer need to contain all of their original content. First we must be certain that censorship is really going on before further action is taken and locate other sources of books we choose to read that may have been censored by the NLS. All the best.

Peter Donahue