[DTB-Talk] How to apply

Chris Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:39:15 UTC 2023

Hopefully someone out there can help me with this.

Some time, approximately the end of last week, Don Olson posted a message to Bard users stating that the service would be offline for around 11 hours. It wound up taking a bit longer than that, but anyway, that's neither here nor there.

One thing however in his message which he mentioned was something about those who were using Bard on their smart speakers.

So, obviously, this isn't some sort of a private beta or anything. I'm curious what one needs to do in order to get the A L E X A skill or such enabled so I could possibly do this as well. If it's a closed program, is there any way I could join, or a chance it'll be opening up to more applicants at any time in the mere future?

Finally, if it is still in a testing phase, I understand and respect that no one could give me an exact date for multiple reasons, but do we at the very least know the general timeframe of when it's hoping to launch if it hasn't become official already?

Thanks.

Chris.