[Electronics-talk] Converting PDF Files in Kurzweil...

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Dec 10 22:36:43 UTC 2008

If his documents contained scanned images, Adobe 9 and JFW 10 won't read those particular documents.  Jacob, if you have to print the documents because you
can't get to a later version of Kurzweil which might recognize the files, check to see if you have a "Virtual Printer" as one of your choices.  I believe Kurzweil installs
a virtual printer which will save the printed output to a file that can then be recognized.  Besides being less work, this should be more accurate since you are
avoiding the analog processes of printing and then scanning.  If you don't have a virtual printer, raise this issue on GUI-Talk as someone there may have other
ideas.  You might also want to ask Kurzweil directly if they do not support that particular version to be sure that there is not some other problem.