[Electronics-talk] On-Demand Cable Accessibility

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Dec 14 22:16:29 UTC 2008

With respect, I believe that we are flattering ourselves when we surmise
that the manufacturers (many of whom are in the People's Republic of
China) even consider us long enough to think that we have help or don't
watch television. We just aren't on their radar screens and won't be
unless some entity such as the European Union decides not to let their
output in unless it is "accessible" to the blind. And make no mistake;
it won't be we that determine exactly what "accessibility" means.

As for the baby-boomers, many are already using On Demand and I don't
hear them having much difficulty other than complaining of the price.

I share everyone's frustration. But I'm afraid it's in the nature of the
beast. NFB's R&D Committee had a representative at this year's big
consumer electronics show in Nevada and it was evident how little
influence we will have.

Mike Freeman