[Electronics-talk] the I phone and jaws

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at charter.net
Tue Dec 15 14:55:51 UTC 2009

Hello Dewey, the difficulty you are having is between ITunes and Jaws, not
the IPhone itself.

I assume you are using iTunes 9 with Jaws 11?

The registration is not easy, but it's doable.

I registered mine by opening ITunes, then going to the devices tab where it
shows the IPhone.

When entering your name and so forth, tab to each field and hit the down
arrow before entering each item. I believe the phone's serial number is
already filled in for you.

Also, wehn using the iPhone, give yourself a lot of time to master the touch
screen with the various gestures that are outlined on Apple's accessibility
page.
I still have my Nokia E71X because there are some functions I havent'
figured out, such as the IPhone's maps feature. i have Wayfinder and Talks
on the Nokia, so it's a good backup.

I think one has to have a lot of patience to work with the IPhone, but I
find it to be quite useable and fun, and I feel like I'm on an equal footing
with my family and friends, most of whom have IPhones. We can share
conversations about apps and so forth.

I'll be honest though, I am still having a hard time entering text quickly
for e-mails, contacts and so forth, bubt I need to practice more.

Hope this helps.

Liz Campbell