[Electronics-talk] Digital TV

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 6 19:52:46 UTC 2009

you're absolutely right. The reason for the delay was the plan for
implementation was not developed adequately resulting in problems with the
methodology of distributing the coupons and making sure that the digital
conversionis accessibility to low income people that could not otherwise
afford the boxes or cable. This especially hits manany senior citizens and
people who have become unemployed. Rather then getting upset about a
temporary delay perhaps we need to have some selflessness and compassion for
those who have to struggle to make ends meet. Whether we like it or not
though this population includes many blind and disabled people with the
unemployment for blind people being about 70%.
Chuck