[Electronics-talk] Despite Delay for DTV, FCC Concerns Remain

Brett Winches bwinches at icbvi.idaho.gov
Mon Feb 9 20:45:37 UTC 2009

Jim,  You as well as I represent two markets in which the concern is of
concern to the FCC.  Rural mountainous markets may not have converted
all of their translators to handle the digital system.  Some of the very
small cable  companies  also do not have the revenue base to support and
amortize out the cost of conversions.    While the FCC cannot and should
not pay for this conversion, perhaps the PTFC grant organization should
be an avenue of investigation fore these rural providers.

However, plunk down your dollars and get the converters or go to another
distribution system for your TV, or better yet make an aquarium out of
the useless box and read a book, or help someone else in need to turn
around our ailing infer structure.