[Electronics-talk] Digital TV Transition

Ray Foret jr rforetjr at comcast.net
Fri Jan 30 19:18:27 UTC 2009

February 17th!!!  WILL, YOU, PEOPLE, KINDLY, GET, YOUR, FACTS, STRAIGHT?
  Is that too much to ask?  Many (though not all) whine and complain
about not having access Handed to y'all on a silver platter; and yet,
those same people don't even bother to take the time to make the little
effort which would get you the new digital channels.  I'm not saying I
don't care about accessibility or that those boxes shouldn't be
accessible; of course they should.  But, honestly, instead of going on a
tantrum because the federal government isn't spoon feeding you all the
accessibility you want, why not take the time and make the effort you
could and should have taken and made months ago and be done with it.
Sure, we might need help to set up the boxes initially, but, I believe
that it's really not as bad as the complaints I've seen here make it out
to be.  Sorry if this sounds harsh, but, honestly, will y'all who are
complaining just go out there and get done what you need to get done to
solve this problem?  It's not like the train is coming and you have no
time to prepare. In all honesty, you should already have done that.
Even without the government coupon those boxes are really not all that
expensive.

Sincerely,

The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray

"Old friend, what are you looking for?  After those many years abroad
you come With images you tended Under foreign skies Far away from your
own land"

George Seferis

Phone or Fax::

+1 (985) 360-3375