[Electronics-talk] [electronics-talk] window air fconditioner

Kate Thegreat shamaniclivin1281 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:59:48 UTC 2009

Hi, my sighted boyfriend actually just installed a window AC unit for me yesterday. He dropped a screw inside of it and you can hear it kind of rattling around when you have the unit both on AC and on fan.

Is this going to do harm to the plastic or any other construct in the unit over time? I know screws aren't smooth and that constant wear on the unit inside doesn't seem to good to me. My BF did his best to try and get the screw out but couldn't. Anylone know what I could do about this? Should I take the unit back? Should I pay to have soeone come in and somehow open the whole thing up and remove the screw? I am not sure what to think.

I've googled my question and wasn't finding anything about this so decided to resort to asking questions here. Not sure if anyone would have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kate