[Electronics-talk] Cell Phones

Evelyn Weckerly weckerly at i2k.com
Thu Jun 11 23:20:33 UTC 2009

Hi, Beeverly,

I'm with Verizon too and got a call recently to tell me that I'm
eligible for a new phone. What's best depends on what you want to do
with it. One thing I would do for sure, and I had to do that nearly
two years ago, is to go to the Verizon store and look at the phones.
I I considered the Motorola Q, but I didn't like its size, heft and
little dkeyboard for what I need. However, that keyboard, I think,
would be easier if you're going to use your phone for all kinds of
nonphone tasks as well as text messaging. I also happen to like the
flip phones because I don't have to lock them when they are on. But
then, I just use my LG 8350 to make and receive calls, so its limited
talking features are enough for me. I understand that you can get a
Motorola Q from VErizon loaded with Talks, but I also understand that
it's something that must be ordered, so You cannot play with it ahead
of time before buying. I told Verizon I didn't like that at all.
Soomeone on this list, I think, has also indicated that some features
are turned off with that phone. Sorry this is so long.

Evelyn